Who’s the course for?
Operatives involved in excavations who have limited, or no experience in supporting trenches and Aboriginal Awareness.
Course aims and Benefits:
To train operatives in the various methods of supporting excavations using traditional methods and proprietary systems.
- Recognition of soil Structures
- Effects of weathering
- Application of Appropriate methods of hand or mechanical means of excavation
- Overcoming problems due to varying ground conditions and services
- Correct support of shafts in loose ground
- Applying methods to overcome groundwater problems
- Support of Aboriginal Awareness using hydraulic shoring
- Awareness of the various proprietary systems and their usage
- Awareness of the importance of safe methods of working, conforming to relevant safety regulations
- The principles of backfilling and striking
- Legislation and Inspection log sheets