Who’s the course for?
A starting point for anybody wishing to become a Scaffolder.
Courses aim and Benefits:
To provide an introduction to scaffolding, covering the Health safety and safe erection and alteration of a range of scaffolding structures of benefits:
At the End of the course, the training operative should have knowledge of:
- The correct and safe methods of erecting independent and putlog scaffolds with returns, tower, and birdcage scaffolds, in tube and fitting or proprietary systems where applicable.
- The regulations of the method in the governing and safe erecting, inspection, and dismantling of these scaffolds Machines and the work methods to be adopted
The trainee operation should also be able to correctly and safety:
- Determining operative the material requirements for independents and putlog with returns, towers, and birdcage scaffolds in a tube and fitting or proprietary systems where the application
- Be able to layout materials, set out the scaffolds, and overcome obstacles to erect the scaffold safety regulation following the safe systems of work set out in safety guidance note 4 (SG4)
- Trainee operatives will be able, as a member of a team, to erect, alter and dismantle the above scaffold Structures Safely and in the correct sequence.
- Half-day instruction/training SG4
- Product familiarization in approved prefabrication systems scaffold
- Interpretation of simple drawings
- Putlog scaffold
- Birdcage scaffold
- Independent scaffold
- Static tower (in a tube of an approved system)
- Alternative to scaffolds (e.g. dropping lift height on independent)
- 50 question test paper (includes an intermediate test at the end of the first week)
Methods of assessment: