Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
What Course is the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid?
The Level 3 Award in Paediatric First aid qualification is an approved course. This course covers the knowledge needed to deal with a range of pediatric first aid situations, including assessing an emergency, dealing with an unresponsive infant or child, CPR, choking, meningitis, head and spinal injuries, anaphylaxis, asthma and more.
How Many Exams are there in the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid?
There are two exams in this qualification i.e.
Practical assessment – Learners must demonstrate the practical first aid skills, as indicated within the assessment paperwork
Theory assessment – Learners must answer a series of multiple-choice questions as outlined within the assessment paperwork
To Awarded this qualification the Learner must 100% pass of the assessments carried out by observation together with a percentage pass in the MCQ paper?
Who should do the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid?
Level 3 award in pediatric first aid is Suitable for people working professionally in day nurseries, nursery schools, pre-school environments & Child careers & minders or anyone who has to deliver ﬁrst aid as part of their role in either childcare settings or a domestic environment. Particularly Level 3 award in pediatric first aid is suitable for:
- Pre-school or nursery staff
- Toddler groups volunteer
- Foster parents
What are the benefits of the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid?
This course will help the delegates to provide Paediatric First Aiders with the knowledge & skills to summon help & give safe, prompt & effective emergency first aid to a casualty in the workplace following an injury or illness using materials to hand uses of first aid equipment.
What will be the learning outcome from the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid?
On successful completion of the syllabus, each student will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- State the procedure at emergencies and
- State immediate action and know when and how to get help by calling emergency services
- Know how to prevent accidents and create a safe environment for children and babies.
- Assessment of a child casualty
- Assess and treat a child & baby that is unconscious
- Place a child, baby, and adult in the recovery position
- Artificial Ventilation and CPR techniques for children & babies
- Examine an unconscious casualty
- Assess and treat a choking casualty
- Treatment and control of slight and severe external and internal bleeding
- Assess, treat and comfort a casualty with nosebleeds, grazes &/or larger wounds including penetrating wounds
- Recognize and treat shock in children and babies
- Recognize and treat anaphylactic shock in a child
- Care for a child who is ill before collection by parents.
- Recognize and treat head injuries, electric shock, and poisoning
- Assessment and treatment of Fractures
- Assess and treat Asthmatic attacks, Epileptic fits, Diabetic emergencies & Sickle Cell Emergencies.
- Identify the causes, recognize and treat cases of burns and eye injuries
- First Aid equipment and record-keeping
- Identify the recommended contents of a first aid box
- Know what accidents and incidents to record
- State information required within the accident book
- Guidelines for Invasive Procedures
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid?
There are no specific barriers, in terms of academic qualifications, skills or experience to entry to the award in Emergency first aid at work. However, candidates must be fluent in English and mature.
What is the duration of the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid?
Level 3 Award in First aid a is Two days training program. It’s mean to take 16 hours to complete the training course.
Where I can get the best training for the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid?
At IEHSAS with its unique, foreign qualified faculty with intensive national and international practical experience in Occupational Health Safety & Environment discipline will boost you with the knowledge and skills necessary required for understanding for this Course. IEHSAS provides two days of training in house or at a place convenient to you. Our expert tutors will assess and evaluate our candidate’s performance by and guide them according to their performance. It means by attending this course you will find the best practices and gain profound knowledge related to first aid at work.
The Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid is valid for three years. After this period, individuals wishing to retain their status as emergency first aider must re-qualify by taking simple assessment exams.
What is next after the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid?
Candidate can go for Level 6 Award in First Aid at Work.